The Mobile Stairlift is a lightweight stairlift that’s founded on the principles of portability and flexibility. Whereas other stairlifts are fixed in place and require preinstalled rails or staircase customization, caregivers can use the Mobile Stairlift out-of-the-box to transport people between levels, quickly and easily.
If you’re interested in learning more about the stairlift landscape in 2020, we’ve created a comprehensive resource. Read Stairlifts 101: Everything To Know Before You Purchase your stairlift.
The Mobile Stairlift can be used both indoors and outdoors, so you don’t need separate stairlifts for interior staircases and exterior garden patios or walkways. It caters to those who cannot walk without help — either temporarily or long-term — and requires a caregiver to set up, transport, and maneuver it.
The Mobile Stairlift’s core components aid both ease of transport and security:
- A lightweight frame helps caregivers navigate corners and landings with ease.
- A carry capacity of up to 400 pounds and 120 flights of stairs on a single charge.
- A robust anti-slide tread for superior grippage when ascending or descending stairs.
- Battery, charger, and a 1-year limited warranty.
- Compact structure that’s built with transportability in mind.
As traditional stairlifts can’t be transported without careful planning, you’re limited to where the rails have been installed. The Mobile Stairlift isn’t restricted by power outlets and has been specifically designed to facilitate a secure ride, whenever and wherever it’s needed. And when it comes to safety, we’ve left nothing to chance:
- Retractable belt that secures the rider, reducing slippage, or twisting.
- Footrest, armrests, and a comfortable chair to prevent minor injuries such as bruising during movement.
- Anti-slide, thick rubber material with reinforced ribbing on tread.
- Two foot brakes located behind the rear wheels.
We go into greater detail about stairlift safety features here.
Who did we create the Mobile Stairlift for?
The Mobile Stairlift is a cost-effective solution for people who are frustrated with the limitations of traditional stairlifts and require greater flexibility from their mobility equipment. It is ideal for:
- Caregivers who are looking for a device that’s simple to set-up, easier on the body, and more portable than other mobile stairlifts (or stairlifts in general).
- Multi-level homes that have spiral, curved, or straight stairs.
- Learners or educators in schools that require greater accessibility to grounds and facilities.
- Emergency situations that require quick decisions and faster evacuation.
For more information on its game-changing features, read this article about how the Mobile Stairlift changes the game.
What can you expect to pay?
The Mobile Stairlift costs $$3,695.00, which is significantly less than other stairlifts, and without the administrative baggage of customization, installation, and single-staircase restrictions. This is what you can expect to pay for other types of stairlifts (which lack the flexibility and portability of the Mobile Stairlift):
Perched/standing stairlift: Between $2,000 and $5,000 for a straight staircase and $8,000 to $14,000 for a curved set of stairs.
Straight-seated stairlift: Between $2,000 and $5,000 for interior devices and $3,500 to $6,000 for outdoor variants.
Curved seated stairlift: Between $10,000 and $15,000 as a curved stairlift requires more development and customization before installation can even begin.
If you’d like more information on the types of stairlifts and their respective costs, we go into greater detail in our stairlift prices and cost comparison for 2020.
The Mobile Stairlift — safe, adaptable, and cost-effective
Sturdy yet lightweight, with safety features that don’t detract from a comfortable ride, the Mobile Stairlift is a cost-effective, less restrictive solution to traditional stairlifts that require tracks or rails. It promotes quality of life by offering greater accessibility to people with disabilities and ease-of-use for their caregivers.