When considering purchasing a stairlift, it is important to consider the advantages and disadvantages of both Mobile Stairlifts and AssiStep. Both can be excellent solutions for getting up and down stairs safely, but there are key differences that make one option more suitable than the other depending on your individual needs.
Mobile Stairlifts are design for those who need assistance going up and down the stairs. They are easy to operate and provide a comfortable seated ride for the user. Their portable design means they can be moved between different flights of stairs easily. This is especially important if you have multiple sets of stairs in your home. Mobile Stairlifts are also designed to be used as is, so you don’t need to worry about making permanent alterations or modifications to your home. Additionally, Mobile Stairlifts are not just made to be used at home, because they are foldable you can easily store them in the trunk of your car and take it on the go!
AssiStep is designed for people who still have the ability of walking up and down the stairs. They provide a walker-like handle attached to a handrail for better support and balance of the user. They are designed to be installed on existing stairs and require modifications to your home. Due to their permanent design, AssiStep are not portable and can only be used in the location they were installed.
In this article, we'll compare and contrast Mobile Stairlifts and AssiStep to help you decide which is the best option for you.
- Installation: The AssiStep requires installation and is only suitable for home use, while Mobile Stairlifts do not require any installation and can be used in multiple places.
- Portability: The AssiStep is not very portable due to the necessity of installation, while the Mobile Stairlift is lightweight, easy to carry, and can be transported between different locations with ease.
- Cost: Mobile Stairlifts is usually more affordable due to its portability and lack of installation requirements while The AssiStep typically costs more than the Mobile Stairlift due to the labor required for installation as well as other associated costs.
- Safety: The AssiStep must be professionally installed to ensure safety and stability, whereas the Mobile Stairlifts has been designed with multiple security features that provide a secure ride up and down the stairs. Additionally, the Mobile Stairlifts has been tested for stability on all types of stairs, some, such as the Helix Mobile Stairlift, are designed for circular or curved stairs.
- Adaptability: The Mobile Stairlift can easily adapt to different heights with adjustable settings and comes with a seatbelt for increased safety and comfort. Meanwhile, the AssiStep remains stationary once installed.
- Ease of Use: Both Mobile Stairlifts and AssiStep require knowledge about operating them safely.
|Installation||Portability||Cost Effective||Safety||Adaptability||Ease of Use|
When weighing up the advantages and disadvantages of both AssiStep and Mobile Stairlifts, it’s clear that each option offers different benefits depending on the user's individual needs. The Mobile Stairlift is a more affordable, portable, and adaptable solution while the AssiStep provides greater stability and safety once installed. Ultimately, it’s important to consider all of your needs when deciding which option is best for you.
If you are unsure which Mobile Stairlift is right for you please take our easy guide or click below to get in touch with our experts!